There are different routes in the hypnotherapy practice. Time has changed and Hypnotherapists face some challenges when they start their hypnotherapy careers. Starting from finding their right niche, to marketing themselves.
Here we are going to discuss how to build a successful hypnotherapy practice following some simple steps.
1. Build you Audience
It is of course common sense, however sometimes we forget how important it is to identify the target market we seek to serve with hypnotherapy and coaching. And why is this so important? There are three fundamental reasons to identify your target market:
- You will be able to carefully target your marketing activities.
- You will do better work if you attract your ideal client.
- You will save money, time and reduce wasted effort.
When identifying your ideal client, it is recommended that you ask yourself the following questions:
- What social group is your ideal client?
- What income does your ideal client earn?
- Where is your ideal client located?
- To what age range does your ideal client belong?
- What gender is your ideal client?
- What purchasing psychology does your ideal client have? For example, do they like the most expensive when purchasing products and services?
- What is their marital status (if applicable)?
- What service does your ideal client expect?
- What aspirations and expectations does your ideal client have?
- What would your ideal client like to hear as you speak to them?
Once the client profile is identified, you are in a position to develop marketing and business strategies to attract them. In addition, we recommend building a captive audience by building a list. One of the most effective ways of doing this is by adding a sign up for your newsletter (via your website) which will help you capture your audience’s attention and email addresses, making it easy for you to build your email list and stay in touch with prospects.
2. Be Original
We have heard many marketing gurus talk time and time again about creating a niche. Whilst we agree that becoming a hypnotherapist or professional coach renowned for treating a specific condition can be commercially strong, there is room in the market for those who prefer to practice as a generalist. After all, in the world of coaching and hypnotherapy, being a hypnotherapist is arguably a niche in its own right in any case.
That said if you feel a niche is best for you then you may very soon become the renowned local or national expert for that specific niche. For example, you may become a coach renowned for developing the careers of business executives or as a hypnotherapist become renowned as the expert who treats fears and phobias.
What is important however is creating a reputation as a hypnotherapist or coach who is great at what they do. Word of mouth advertising is free and effective so consider setting up a referral scheme.
3. Build a professional website
When it comes to marketing your business effectively, one of the most effective things you will ever do is create a website that increases awareness of your brand, encourages footfall through targeted traffic online, and provides a clear, well-structured space for your prospects to contact you. These days, a strong online presence is as fundamental an aspect of your overall marketing strategy as having a telephone number or shop front for your customers. Traditional marketing mixes have been replaced by online searches, as more and more people seek out the products and services they need on the World Wide Web.
Your business site needs to be easy to find, easy to search and easy to purchase from, whether this is through potential clients making inquiries, or direct orders for specific products or services. As the ongoing representative for your business, your website has a key role in supporting your strategic growth through attracting leads that you can then turn in to direct sales. The best sites are produced and laid out from a customer perspective. Understanding what YOUR prospective customers are seeking when they go online within your industry sector, and meeting those requirements is crucial.
Through simple and clear language, a clean and easy to use interface, and proactive and helpful design, you can position your website as a valuable resource leading to ongoing customer communication and sales.
When you decide to develop a site for your business, bear in mind some key principles:
- It must be written in clear language that your visitors understand
- Make use of keywords for Search Engine Optimisation
- Be updated regularly to reflect your customers’ requirements
- Contain content that you are happy to represent you globally
- Include an ‘About’ page with images – web site visitors like to see the people behind the website
- Ensure you have a Contact page – you want people to be able to make contact easily
- Add links to your social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
- And remember, less content on a page…is often more!
4. Use SEO and Social media plugins on your Website
Many business owners get confused about search engine optimisation (SEO) and how best to leverage the power of social media such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter to market their business online. However, if you neglect these critical elements of online marketing, you are unlikely to achieve business success in the long-term. When it comes to SEO, the key point to remember is that the words (known as Keyword Phrases) you choose to use to create and publicise your site need to be targeted to your industry niche.
For SEO there are three rules to abide by:
- 90% of keyword phrases get no traffic at all, so when determining your keyword phrases you should only target keyword phrases that have significant traffic to make it worth the time and effort.
- Similarly, the majority of keywords do not have the potential to drive profit through your site. This means that the words you choose need to be tailored for selling online, not just attracting potential visitors.
- For most online entrepreneurs, keyword phrases are highly competitive, meaning that you will struggle to generate enough quality content to appear higher on search engine rankings. Choosing keywords that offer the opportunity for you to attract visitors without being eclipsed by your competitors is the only way to ensure your site is recognised as a valuable resource within your industry sector and niche.
Once you have established the right keywords to be focusing on, it is important to harness the potential business you can achieve through social media.
As a business owner, you should have these on-line accounts set-up (and linked from your website):
Via these social media accounts, you can then start to build online relationships with potential clients. Success and selling via your website are often down to the amount of effort you put into building on-line relationships.
5. Develop your local PR
This is one of the areas I have focused upon strongly over the last five years to help build my hypnotherapy and coaching practice. It is a cost-effective marketing strategy and provides you with an opportunity to become a renowned expert. There are a number of ways to build your PR and you should consider:
- Drafting press releases for your local newspaper
- Developing a local campaign with hypnotherapy at its heart
- Contacting local radio with your stories and ideas
- Write a proposal to become a columnist in a magazine or local newspaper
- Contact local TV stations with your stories or creative ideas